My heart built walls because I could not trust.
With no one to care for my heart could rust.
I challenged my heart to venture out again.
Because of deep wounds, it was reluctant to begin.
I was helpless at first, but my love ran deep.
Soon I was searching for a lover’s heart to keep.
But walls separated us and soon I hastened on my way,
Looking for a new relationship to fill my day.
I searched desperately, yet I could not settle down.
A perfect woman was elusive and never could be found.
I became a victim of my own love/hate wars.
Bouncing from love to hate, I blamed failure on the stars.
But surviving was not living, I needed one true love.
I looked for guidance from Venus and Cupid above.
Dreams were all I had, though troubled from the start.
But I did not give up my search, orders came from my heart.
One last try, I decided, before my search was through.
That was when I got lucky, because love brought me to you.
Later I was chosen to lead the annual Valentine parade downtown.
I protested I was unworthy, for love had been hard to pin down.
Friends mentioned I had struggled while remaining gracious and kind.
Losing in love several times, I had scattered love and beauty behind.
I saw relationships blooming profusely all along my crooked way.
Then I realized love conquered all, and found the better way.
- What is Love? (lovinggodinchaos.com)
- This Valentine, question yourself! (bondsnbinds.wordpress.com)
- A Valentine For the World: The Lost Story (themoderatevoice.com)
- Cupid Sometimes Misses Mark (onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com)
- Once bitten, twice bold…DO WE LOVE ONLY ONCE IN LIFE? (erumsuchistan.wordpress.com)
- Cupid Got Your Heart? 15 Signs You’re Really In Love (madamenoire.com)
- In the Spirit of Valentine (seedsofcolours.wordpress.com)
- The Difference in Love (truthaboutsergebenhayon.com)
- 7 Days ’til 40: Defining Love (400daystil40.wordpress.com)