The Love I Left Behind
My heart built walls and I could not trust.
With no one to care for, my heart could rust.
I challenged my heart to venture out again.
Because of wounds, it was reluctant to begin.
I was helpless at first, but my love ran deep.
Soon I was searching for a lover to keep.
Walls separated us and I hastened on my way,
Looking for a new relationship to fill my day.
I searched desperately, yet I could not settle down.
A perfect woman was elusive and could not be found.
I became a victim of my own love/hate wars.
Bouncing from love to hate, I blamed failure on the stars.
But surviving was not living, I needed one true love.
I looked for guidance from Venus and Cupid above.
Dreams were all I had, though troubled from the start.
But I did not give up, orders came from my heart.
One last try, I decided, before my search was through.
Then I got lucky, because love brought me to you.
- What is Love? (lovinggodinchaos.com)
- This Valentine, question yourself! (bondsnbinds.wordpress.com)
- Once bitten, twice bold…DO WE LOVE ONLY ONCE IN LIFE? (erumsuchistan.wordpress.com)
- In the Spirit of Valentine (seedsofcolours.wordpress.com)
- What Is This Thing Called Love? (danroberson.wordpress.com)
- Put a little love in your home (pillowsandpaint.wordpress.com)
- “I Love You” How do you say it? (stephanie-hurt.com)
- Ticking hearts (loveandlifeproject.com)
- Cupid Got Your Heart? 15 Signs You’re Really In Love (madamenoire.com)
- Cupid Sometimes Misses Mark (onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com)