But She Forgot
When her boyfriend broke up with her,
Cried on my shoulder,
Walked with me by the lake,
Talked for hours about all the things they did,
Wanted me to be there just to hear her breathe,
But she forgot I was there.
When she met the man of her dreams,
Told me how special he was,
Wanted me to meet him,
Insisted I go shopping with her to buy him gifts,
Asked me to help her write love poems (for him),
But she forgot I had feelings too.
When he became too busy to be with her,
Wouldn’t talk to anyone for days,
Partied every weekend with her girl friends,
Claimed I would be her best friend forever,
Moved in with a roommate,
But she forgot I cared.
When she became pregnant,
Needed me to take care of her,
Said I would be her son’s godfather,
Told me all the things we would do together,
Said she wanted to be independent,
But she forgot I had always been there for her.
When her boyfriend beat her up,
Lost her baby,
Insisted she still loved him,
Asked me to mind my own business,
Said I should stay away,
But she forgot my heart was broken.
When she was buried,
Looked very pretty,
Said she was sorry,
Wished that she loved me,
Left a note asking me to take care of her son,
But she forgot she didn’t even have to ask.
- The Mind never forgot Eden (innerdialect.wordpress.com)
- I almost forgot about Hermione! (tanglewithtami.wordpress.com)
- You’ll Swoop from Incredible Highs (rendezvouswithrenee.com)
- Forgot to Tell You All… (lucykate651.wordpress.com)
- Oh Yeah, We Almost Forgot These Kate Upton Bikini Pics. Thanks, Terry. You Bastard. (moejackson.com)