I Am a Poet
When I began writing poetry I tried to make one person happy…me. I read the poetry of others and discovered amazing blogs and posts and felt intimidated But I kept writing because I wanted to see how I could be.
I am an artist who paints with words,
Splashing color and feelings around,
I am a musician who saturates the air,
Strumming across hearts with sound.
I am a doctor who feels the wounds,
Stopping the bleeding of those in pain.
I am a teacher who educates a child,
Sharing wisdom like drops of rain.
I am a world citizen who lends a hand,
Giving a village a new chance.
I am someone who cares about others,
Challenging the world to dance.
If I could add a few golden words,
Changing frowns into glorious grins,
Then I would know I’ve done my job,
For a smile is where poetry begins.
- Diary of a Poet: Entry 1 (theweaverwomanchronicles.wordpress.com)
- A poet’s journey 1: How to behave in poetry (asopa.typepad.com)
- I can not be a poet, the poems are in me: An online interview with Lisa M Brown (copyleftwebjournal.wordpress.com)
- featured poets ~ ladynimue @nimue_ (myheartslovesongs.com)
- Link: Connecting students to language through poetry (monkeymoonmachine.com)