Although you deceived and escaped with gain,
There was no way for me to avoid the pain,
You claimed no guilt for my heart’s theft,
Yet I was emotionally spent and all bereft,
There should have been a siren to put out an alert,
I’m tired of being cheated, confused, and hurt,
I’ve loved unwisely, the conclusion is foregone,
You broke into my heart with honeyed deceit,
You withdrew my love and left me in defeat,
My love account depleted, my reputation shattered,
Then you were gone, nothing else really mattered,
Where can I go to find love to earn?
Will I fall for another who gives little in return?
I can’t trust my emotions for they can deceive,
Can I trust my thoughts? What can I truly believe?
Seven years of a broken heart till I trust once more,
Seven years of loneliness before I’m restored,
You were living high on love at the expense of me,
Even though you knew I loved you desperately,
Now in limbo because love was all that mattered,
My love is depleted and my poor heart shattered,
You took all my love and left little in return,
Now I’m bankrupt and my heart is overdrawn.
- my broken heart (aegethirelvemer.wordpress.com)
- Mending a Broken Heart? (socyberty.com)
- Fortune Cookies Make Me Smile (lifeissublime.wordpress.com)
- broken-hearted girl (desiayanna.wordpress.com)
- Heart break =( (rememberthat1998.wordpress.com)
- The Bankruptcy Stigma and Why It is So Misunderstood (hopeforthebankrupt.com)
- Tears of My Broken Heart (blueeyesbutterfly.wordpress.com)
- Broken-hearted Purgatory (mkgrassick.wordpress.com)