You Took My Breath Away
You were not the most beautiful girl there,
But your eyes were expressive and deep.
I did not hang on every word you spoke,
But inside I made promises to keep.
Somehow in those first magic moments
My world stopped and you took my breath away.
Your eyes, your hair, your sparkling smile,
Each silently dared me to dance and stay.
In your presence the crowd no longer existed.
You had changed my point of view.
I turned around and blinked my eyes
But all I could see was you.
No longer alone even in my dreams
You were always by my side.
Together we shared our new world
Your love filled me with pride.
Your mind was on something else,
But not on our love each day.
I thought we’d love forever,
Long after we turned old and gray.
You smiled and said you felt great,
And you insisted you always will,
You looked so serene and so sure,
It’s strange your heart stopped still.
Each day you took my breath away,
But you never shared your pain.
And I still love you with all I have,
But I may never breathe again.
- Sparkle. (happykind.wordpress.com)
- Their Last First Kiss (lawrencepearce.wordpress.com)
- This moment had come.. (itbeginswithaverse.wordpress.com)
- miles for the passion of a smile (writingsingray.wordpress.com)
- My love you are my destiny (anasahmed.wordpress.com)
- And breathe……. (yogalurve.wordpress.com)
- Angelicus Vigilem (opusangelicus.com)
- Loved (mlbk7.wordpress.com)
- You are a Child Of the Kingdom of Love (illuminations2012.wordpress.com)
Let’s talk about how we feel
Because life is very real.
One day things will change,
And I’ll visit no more.
Remember the early years
When you came home and
Wanted to talk about your day?
I just wanted to sit and be quiet.
We compromised and I listened.
You cooked and I washed dishes.
I worked on the house and built a barn.
You took care of our household needs.
We were early to bed and early to rise.
Remember the years we shared,
The children we raised,
As time flashed by
And the home that was blessed?
Remember how we cherished each day
As we fought our diseases alone and together,
Sharing our pain and our love?
Do you remember all that, love?
I really miss you.
I’ve learned to talk while you listen.
Time passes slowly
And I wait patiently
For the moment
When we’re together again.
- Why won’t you talk to me? (sheilacioustreehouse.wordpress.com)
- World happiness, anyone? (blowingoutthecandles.wordpress.com)
- Caring Is Sharing – Repost – Time Traveler (sheilamariegrimes.com)
That’s What Matters
When we first met,
You were so beautiful,
Your eyes, your face,
The way you talked,
Your hair, your voice,
The way you walked,
Each day you were more beautiful,
Your smile brightened my day,
We shared more each day,
We were learning to compromise and agree,
And that’s what mattered to me.
Every day with you was a new day,
You were more beautiful than the day before,
Your eyes, your face,
The way you talked,
Your laugh, your voice,
The way you walked,
Each day you were more special,
The happiness you spread,
With the things you said,
You let my heart fly high and free,
And that’s what mattered to me.
We changed over the years,
But you always are beautiful,
Your eyes, your face,
The way you talk,
Your hair, your voice,
The way you walk,
Each day you are more beautiful,
My life is full as I face each day,
I want to love you always,
Your heart is what I see,
And that’s what matters to me.
- Endless desires: Falling in love (anushreejoshi3100.wordpress.com)
- I walked in with my head held high (acoupleofdollars.wordpress.com)
- The Immortals’ Code #3 (moskeda.wordpress.com)
- The Gift (kateworthen.wordpress.com)
- A walk on a Sunday afternoon (bansheenoir.wordpress.com)
- To Tame A Virgin #2 (moskeda.wordpress.com)
Me, My Wife, and the Other Guy
We sat at a table, the three of us,
Me, my wife, and the other guy,
Conversation flowed for awhile,
But neither could look me in the eye.
The place I sat was bypassed,
As words zipped and darted,
Like little birds flying to nests.
From time to time they would
Stop to consider and take a rest.
Both were annoyed that I remained,
And could find nothing else to do.
Joining in was out of the question,
Therefore I could do nothing but stew.
Her eyes bubbled over with images of him,
While his eyes were hooded and cold.
He wanted to do more than talk,
He waited to be reckless and bold.
Calmly I lifted my empty glass
And pretended to take a sip of my juice.
One false word, one slight misstep,
And surely all hell would break loose.
I studied the two in their interlocking worlds,
And decided I didn’t want to be there.
Fifteen years of married bliss,
And now she no longer cared.
Out the door and into the night,
Although I had no real place to go,
My heart was aching, my marriage breaking,
Life had dealt me a terrible blow.
With each heavy step from my house,
I reassured my shredded heart.
The future was cloudy and unknown,
But it was time for a brand new start.
I contained my anger and let it go
Without even raising my voice,
They had each other and I walked away.
For me it was the wisest choice.
- Love Changed Me (danroberson.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Cupid’s Arrow (theevolvingdad.wordpress.com)
- My Wife, My Friend, My Help Mate…My Love | What Men Tend To Forget… (davidboozer.com)
- A Love Letter to My Children (thedailysisterhood.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Kiss (jlroeder.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Scripture – Kiss (katharinetrauger.wordpress.com)
The spring that she graduated,
I met her for the very first time.
She was beautiful and so beguiling,
I was silly and talked in rhyme.
I told her very clearly how much
She would always mean to me.
I was convincing as I professed my love
And described our future as she wanted it to be.
I owe her big time, I’ve decided,
Because she brought me out of my shell.
She’d be surprised to know what I’m thinking
Even though she knows me well.
My friends all think I’m crazy.
She’s the only one who thinks I’m sane.
But I can prove I’m as lucid as you,
Though technically I’ve been ruled insane.
Why would one think differently?
I go to work each and every day.
That’s where my best plans are made.
That’s why I continue to stay.
My boss keeps me from advancing.
He says he protects me like his own son.
But I know he’s not telling the truth,
Because there haven’t been any battles he’s won.
My wife and I don’t discuss things any more.
I refuse to listen as she states her point of view.
She’s overweight and filled with hate,
She has none of the sweetness that’s in you.
It is evident my love didn’t last forever.
I told her this morning that she and I were through.
She’ll look great in her pretty black dress,
Lying silently by me and you.
My heart built walls because I could not trust.
With no one to care for my heart could rust.
I challenged my heart to venture out again.
Because of deep wounds, it was reluctant to begin.
I was helpless at first, but my love ran deep.
Soon I was searching for a lover’s heart to keep.
But walls separated us and soon I hastened on my way,
Looking for a new relationship to fill my day.
I searched desperately, yet I could not settle down.
A perfect woman was elusive and never could be found.
I became a victim of my own love/hate wars.
Bouncing from love to hate, I blamed failure on the stars.
But surviving was not living, I needed one true love.
I looked for guidance from Venus and Cupid above.
Dreams were all I had, though troubled from the start.
But I did not give up my search, orders came from my heart.
One last try, I decided, before my search was through.
That was when I got lucky, because love brought me to you.
Later I was chosen to lead the annual Valentine parade downtown.
I protested I was unworthy, for love had been hard to pin down.
Friends mentioned I had struggled while remaining gracious and kind.
Losing in love several times, I had scattered love and beauty behind.
I saw relationships blooming profusely all along my crooked way.
Then I realized love conquered all, and found the better way.
- What is Love? (lovinggodinchaos.com)
- This Valentine, question yourself! (bondsnbinds.wordpress.com)
- A Valentine For the World: The Lost Story (themoderatevoice.com)
- Cupid Sometimes Misses Mark (onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com)
- Once bitten, twice bold…DO WE LOVE ONLY ONCE IN LIFE? (erumsuchistan.wordpress.com)
- Cupid Got Your Heart? 15 Signs You’re Really In Love (madamenoire.com)
- In the Spirit of Valentine (seedsofcolours.wordpress.com)
- The Difference in Love (truthaboutsergebenhayon.com)
- 7 Days ’til 40: Defining Love (400daystil40.wordpress.com)
Our Valentine Tree
We fell in love on Valentine’s Day.
The minute you laughed I knew.
I was destined to be yours, my love,
And I would be blessed with you.
We planted our special tree that year.
We cleared away the snow.
You insisted our love would always be strong
And you wanted the whole world to know.
You’re in my thoughts again, my love,
I imagine you under our tree.
Remember all the pledges we made,
And the passion between you and me?
The years passed by rather fast,
Then our kids were grown and gone.
We were there in our empty house,
Still together but each all alone.
My heart grew hard and I forgot our tree,
I insisted it blocked my view.
I was determined to chop it down,
Without even telling you.
It was early morning on Valentine’s Eve,
When I approached our special tree.
I was shocked and pleased with what I saw,
Then ashamed of the heart in me.
Instead of the tree being stark and bare,
Pink and red covered the tree.
Valentines and notes from all our years,
Proclaimed your love for me.
My love had been erratic.
There was little that I could boast.
But you were there as you always were,
Just when I needed you most.
My dreams and heart were renewed, my love,
By the valentines that covered our tree.
There was only one thing I could say,
“I’m glad you married me!”
I miss all you gave, my love,
And the tenderness you showed to me.
I want our love to be clear each year,
As I hang valentines on our tree.
- Valentine crafts :: make a Valentine’s gratitude tree (nurturestore.co.uk)
- A Valentine’s Stocking (plumstreetsamplers.typepad.com)
- It is the month of lurrrve! (giftcookie.wordpress.com)
- →This way to love (ilovegifting.me)
- make bark valentines (blairpeter.typepad.com)
- Make Valentine’s Day, Valentine’s Weekend (paramuspost.com)
- Valentine’s Gifts for Yourself! (alicecorrine.com)
- Something Lovely for your Valentine! (blossomandbee.com)
- Valentine’s Day Creations From Éclat Chocolate (mywestchesterpatown.com)
I’ll Choose to Burn the Ice Away
Why is it so hard to love you?
My cold heart snuffs the flames.
I want to respond with tenderness and love,
And call you sweeter names.
Why do I let the storm win out?
My blood rushes to my ears.
I want to demonstrate my love for you,
And gently wash away your tears.
Why do I disregard the condition of my heart?
My priorities have always come first.
I want to show you how important you are,
And satisfy love’s growing thirst.
Why do I wait to prove my love is true?
My motivation to love has been weak.
Yet I’m still the man you chose to wed,
I can give you the romance you seek.
I’m tired of the excuses I make.
My love lies dormant inside.
I’ll choose to lead my heart back home,
And forget my foolish pride.
I will choose to think good things of you.
Sparks of romance will turn to flames.
I’ll be thoughtful and you’ll feel loved.
Our love will never be the same.
I’ll wake in the morning with thoughts of you.
My warmth will seek you out.
And all the questions I once had,
Love will erase each and every doubt.
If you, too, choose to stir the embers,
The flames will reach the sky.
For love that learns to burn again,
Will grow sweeter as time goes by.
- Internal Fire (anthonyhellmann.wordpress.com)
- The words “I love you” (abbylimov.wordpress.com)
- Love (wandadsavage.wordpress.com)
- “Love is what w… (creativegrowthyoga.com)
- What Is This Thing Called Love? (danroberson.wordpress.com)
Love Changed Me
I was running fast and free,
Trying to keep you far away.
Somehow I lost my point of view.
On our first date I wanted to kiss you.
Because love inspired me.
You said you had a cold but I said it was okay.
I could wait for yet another day.
You wanted to text during finals of my senior year.
I could not risk failing so I refused.
But love taught me.
By the lake in the heat of summer I proposed.
It was too soon and I needed to be patient.
I don’t remember who it was
That declared I was not good enough.
But love improved me.
Your leg is draped across my legs.
Last night tender words were said.
You took up space I reserved for me.
But I enjoyed sharing my bed.
Love captured me.
Your smile was the last thing I remember
From our wild and perfect night,
During our wedding some things went wrong,
But all the things that mattered went right.
Because love filled me.
There are those who thought our love shouldn’t be.
Time will erase all their doubts, if I love you tenderly.
Love changed me.
- The Story of Love! (transcendingbordersblog.wordpress.com)
- The Contradictions of Love (claramusician.com)
- Love Dare, Day 19: Love Is Impossible (simplysjb.wordpress.com)
Truth and I
“Truth,” said I, “let’s spend the day,
Walking together wherever we may.”
“Are you sure,” she asked, “You want to be with me?
For I go places you’ll never be.”
“Truth, you’re beautiful,” I vehemently claimed.
“Throughout the day you’re always the same.”
I thought I could sway her with flattery and flowers,
But she remained unchanged despite my powers.
She said, “You don’t understand my heart or my mind.
I’m out in the open but hard to find.”
She said, “I have many faces and I’m rarely the same.
I can be rampaging or be quiet and tame.”
I believed in one Truth so I laughed out loud.
I ignored the levels of Truth because I was proud,
Truth stood before me stark naked and plain,
If I embraced her, would she be as cleansing as rain?
“I love you, Truth, I won’t be denied,”
But I exaggerated a lot, and, of course, I lied.
- How Do You Tell the Truth? (caregiving.com)
- The value of truth. Did it just decrease? (marketingheart.wordpress.com)
- Truth… (ladylovelyblogger.wordpress.com)
- Speaking the Truth (arrivingblog.wordpress.com)